How we collect Information about you
When you visit use the Mido Services, or use third-party services, which use the Mido application programming interface (“API”), we collect information sent to us through your computer, mobile phone, or other access device. This information may include your IP address, device information including, but not limited to, identifier, device name and type, operating system, location, mobile network information and standard web log information, such as your browser type, traffic to and from our site and the pages you accessed on our website. You must be at least 18 years old, or of the applicable age of majority, in order to use Mido services. Mido does not intentionally collect information from or about any individual who is under 13 years old.
If you create an account or use Mido services, we, or vendors acting on our behalf, may collect the following types of information:
- Contact information – your name, address, phone, email, Skype ID and other similar information.
- Financial information – the information regarding an account with any financial institution or payment source that you link to your Mido account or input when you use paid Mido services.
If you seek permissions to adjust any limits applicable to your Mido account, we may require you to provide additional information, which we may use in collaboration with service providers acting on our behalf to verify your identity or address, and/or to manage risk. This information may include your date of birth, taxpayer or government identification number, a copy of your government-issued identification, or other personal information. We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as credit bureaus and identity verification services.
When you use Mido services, we collect information about your transactions and/or your other activities on our website and we may continuously collect information about your computer, mobile device, or other access device for fraud prevention purposes, to monitor for possible breach of your Mido account, and to identify any malicious software or other activity that may harm Mido or its users.
Finally, we may collect additional information you may disclose to our customer support team.
How we protect and store personal information
Throughout this policy, we use the term “personal information” to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not identify a specific user.
We store and process your personal and transactional information, including certain payment information, such as your encrypted bank account and/or routing numbers, on our computers in the US and elsewhere in the world where Mido facilities or our service providers are located, and we protect it by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable US federal and state regulations. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, and we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files. Furthermore, we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
We store our customers’ personal information securely throughout the life of the customer’s Mido account. Mido typically retains such customer records for a period of five years following cancellation of the associated Mido account.
How we use the personal information we collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- Provide Mido services and customer support you request
- Process transactions and send notices about your transactions
- Collect fees, and troubleshoot problems
- Prevent and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and/or violations of our posted Terms of Service
- Customize, measure, and improve Mido services and the content and layout of our website and applications
- Deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences
- Compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
How we share personal information with other parties
We may share your personal information with:
- Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations such as fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, and technology services. Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Financial institutions and payment processors with which we partner.
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when:
- We are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order, or similar legal procedure
- We believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our User Agreement
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
Mido will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes and only shares your personal information with third parties as described in this policy.
We will notify you of material changes to this policy by updating the last updated date at the bottom of this page. We recommend that you visit this page frequently to check for changes.
Last Updated:February 24th 2016